While Oregon’s coast doesn’t quite transform into a colorful David Hockney painting during autumn’s peak, many seaside communities see an influx in travel as Pacific “Northwesterners” plan one last visit to the ocean’s sandy edge before winter’s arrival. Gearhart, Oregon, in particular, is an idyllic slice of seaside paradise that draws golfers, beachcombers, and romance-starved couples alike. On a given afternoon, travelers can partake in a bevy of quintessential fall activities along Oregon’s salty coast. And the perfect place to start and finish each day of autumnal exploration and relaxation is Gearhart by the Sea, home to a fleet of top-tier Oregon Coast vacation rentals.
10 Ways to Celebrate Fall near Gearhart, Oregon
To ensure that your upcoming escape to Gearhart by the Sea is nothing short of flawless, we’ve compiled 10 unique fall vacation ideas, including birdie putts, seasonal suds, and introspective strolls. Our classic Gearhart hotel is central to everything that the Oregon Coast has to offer, including Cannon Beach’s Haystack Rock, historic Astoria, countless waterfalls, and several state parks. These 10 fall pursuits are sure to add a little extra pumpkin spice to your upcoming stay.
- 18 holes of championship golf at historic Gearhart Golf Links
- Embark on a self-guided craft beer tour with stops at McMenamins, Seaside Brewery, Public Coast Brewing Co., and Fort George
- Hike through Ecola State Park, one of the Coast’s most beautiful attractions
- Go “waterfalling” at Youngs River Falls, a backcountry roadside gem
- Motor into the sea on a customizable salmon charter, led by Coastal Fishing Adventures
- Bicycle through the heart of Seaside via a Wheel Fun Rental
- Try Geocaching (the world’s largest treasure hunt) near the ocean’s edge
- Gallop on a well-trained steed during an Oregon Beach Ride
- Sip on a pumpkin-spiced latte at Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe
- Join a Saturday afternoon Blackberry Bog Farm tour
Best Fall Vacations in Oregon: Gearhart by the Sea
There’s still time to book a last-minute autumn escape to Gearhart by the Sea, complete with 18 holes of on-site golf, several hours on the beach, and plenty of coastal exploration. Don’t forget that it’s “Oktoberfest” season at McMenamins, so look for 16-ounce cans of our house märzen lager and bombers of the award-winning Lord Gourd From the Wood, a barrel-aged pumpkin beer. Additional on-site amenities include indoor pools, a Jacuzzi, a fitness room, private terraces, and semi-exclusive beach access. To book a well-deserved fall getaway, please visit GearhartResort.com.